- It turns out regulating the data economy is really hard 20 August 2018 | 4:19 pm
- The Telecoms.com Podcast: Business as usual 20 August 2018 | 3:49 pm
- Ericsson managed services contract with MBNL gets extended 20 August 2018 | 11:57 am
- Angry Birds longevity can’t prevent Rovio decline 20 August 2018 | 11:55 am
- Government research suggests digital divide plans might actually be working 20 August 2018 | 10:49 am
Dr. Frank Schaich
Research EngineerBell Labs, Alcatel-Lucent AG
FRANK SCHAICH received his Dipl.-Ing. degree in electrical engineering from the University of Stuttgart, and worked as a research assistant at the University’s Institute of Communications developing robust coding schemes for Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) while working toward his doctorate. 2007 he joined Alcatel-Lucent’s wireless access physical layer group. Dr. Schaich served as work package leader for the European Union’s FP7 projects PHYDYAS, which investigated alternative waveform designs (filter bank based multi-carrier, FBMC) and corresponding transceiver functionalities, and ACCORDANCE dealing with fixed-mobile convergence issues and architecture options for CRAN. Currently his main focus is on developing solutions for the next generation of wireless cellular communication systems in the framework of 5GNOW and METIS. Dr. Schaich is project manager for a new project proposal in the framework of horizon 2020 targeting the definition of the air interface for 5G.