- Deutsche Telekom is living on the edge 16 February 2018 | 1:03 pm
- Russian censorship story highlights Facebook’s dilemma 16 February 2018 | 12:13 pm
- Huawei claims first North American live FWA trial with Telus 16 February 2018 | 11:08 am
- Satellite Backhaul: Future-Proofing the Customer Experience 16 February 2018 | 10:12 am
- Apple iPhone: 19% of shipments, 51% of revenue, 87% of profit 15 February 2018 | 6:10 pm
Dr. Frank Schaich
Research EngineerBell Labs, Alcatel-Lucent AG
FRANK SCHAICH received his Dipl.-Ing. degree in electrical engineering from the University of Stuttgart, and worked as a research assistant at the University’s Institute of Communications developing robust coding schemes for Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) while working toward his doctorate. 2007 he joined Alcatel-Lucent’s wireless access physical layer group. Dr. Schaich served as work package leader for the European Union’s FP7 projects PHYDYAS, which investigated alternative waveform designs (filter bank based multi-carrier, FBMC) and corresponding transceiver functionalities, and ACCORDANCE dealing with fixed-mobile convergence issues and architecture options for CRAN. Currently his main focus is on developing solutions for the next generation of wireless cellular communication systems in the framework of 5GNOW and METIS. Dr. Schaich is project manager for a new project proposal in the framework of horizon 2020 targeting the definition of the air interface for 5G.