- Qualcomm upgrades its 5G modem 19 February 2019 | 6:33 pm
- Huawei on the current state of broadband in Europe 19 February 2019 | 4:53 pm
- Three UK shows off its new Nokia cloud core 19 February 2019 | 1:19 pm
- No surprises as Ericsson goes all-in on 5G for MWC 2019 19 February 2019 | 12:29 pm
- Vodafone reports IoT is going A-OK 19 February 2019 | 12:25 pm
Dr. Frank Schaich
Research EngineerBell Labs, Alcatel-Lucent AG
FRANK SCHAICH received his Dipl.-Ing. degree in electrical engineering from the University of Stuttgart, and worked as a research assistant at the University’s Institute of Communications developing robust coding schemes for Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) while working toward his doctorate. 2007 he joined Alcatel-Lucent’s wireless access physical layer group. Dr. Schaich served as work package leader for the European Union’s FP7 projects PHYDYAS, which investigated alternative waveform designs (filter bank based multi-carrier, FBMC) and corresponding transceiver functionalities, and ACCORDANCE dealing with fixed-mobile convergence issues and architecture options for CRAN. Currently his main focus is on developing solutions for the next generation of wireless cellular communication systems in the framework of 5GNOW and METIS. Dr. Schaich is project manager for a new project proposal in the framework of horizon 2020 targeting the definition of the air interface for 5G.