- Vodafone blames big loss on India and other impairments 13 November 2018 | 5:14 pm
- We should be regulating AI, but no-one really knows how 13 November 2018 | 4:12 pm
- EE fleshes out its 2019 5G launch plans 13 November 2018 | 12:56 pm
- MTN unveils its first OTT service and roadmap for digital fortunes 13 November 2018 | 11:29 am
- Telco’s competitors aren’t other telcos anymore 13 November 2018 | 11:09 am
Dr Nigel Jefferies
Senior Standards Manager / ChairmanHuawei Technologies / Wireless World Research Forum
Nigel Jefferies is a senior standards manager with Huawei Technologies and Chairman of the Wireless World Research Forum, a global partnership between industry and academia to develop a research agenda for mobile communications. Previously he was Head of Academic Relationships within Vodafone Group Research & Development and a Principal Mathematician at Racal Research Ltd. In the past he led the European-funded IST project SHAMAN, which studied the security of future mobile systems, and ran the Secure Applications Steering Group for Mobile VCE. Other collaborative research projects on various aspects of security for mobile communications include 3GS3 in the UK-funded LINK programme, and ASPeCT and USECA in the European ACTS programme. His research interests include cryptography, security of systems and applications of mathematics to telecommunications. He received a PhD in functional analysis from Goldsmith's College, London, and an MA in mathematics from the Queen's College, Oxford. He is a Senior Member of the IEEE, a Fellow of the Institute of Mathematics and its Applications and a Chartered Mathematician.