- Qualcomm upgrades its 5G modem 19 February 2019 | 6:33 pm
- Huawei on the current state of broadband in Europe 19 February 2019 | 4:53 pm
- Three UK shows off its new Nokia cloud core 19 February 2019 | 1:19 pm
- No surprises as Ericsson goes all-in on 5G for MWC 2019 19 February 2019 | 12:29 pm
- Vodafone reports IoT is going A-OK 19 February 2019 | 12:25 pm
Dr. Ömer Bulakci
Senior Research EngineerHuawei ERC
Ömer Bulakci received the B.Sc. degree in electrical and electronics engineering from the Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey, in 2006 and the M.Sc. degree in communications engineering from the Technical University of Munich, Munich, Germany in 2008, and the doctoral degree in communications engineering from the Aalto University School of Electrical Engineering (formerly Helsinki University of Technology), Espoo, Finland, in 2013.
From 2009 to 2012, he conducted his research activities with emphasis on radio resource management in multihop relay networks at the Department of Radio Systems, Nokia Siemens Networks (currently Nokia Networks), Munich, Germany, in support of his doctorate studies, and contributed to the standardization of relaying in 3GPP LTE Release 10. Since October 2012, he has been conducting research toward 5G mobile and wireless communications networks and contributing to EU project METIS at Huawei European Research Center, Munich, Germany. He is an author or a coauthor of 38 technical publications and is an inventor of 10 patent applications. His current research interests include radio resource management, multihop relay networks, agile RAN, and system design and performance analysis of 5G wireless networks.