- Qualcomm upgrades its 5G modem 19 February 2019 | 6:33 pm
- Huawei on the current state of broadband in Europe 19 February 2019 | 4:53 pm
- Three UK shows off its new Nokia cloud core 19 February 2019 | 1:19 pm
- No surprises as Ericsson goes all-in on 5G for MWC 2019 19 February 2019 | 12:29 pm
- Vodafone reports IoT is going A-OK 19 February 2019 | 12:25 pm
Dr. Peter Fertl
Project Manager and Research SpecialistBMW Group Research and Technology
Peter Fertl received the Dipl.-Ing. and Dr. techn. degrees in electrical and communication engineering from the Vienna University of Technology, Austria, in 2005 and 2009, respectively. From 2006 to 2009 he used to be a research and teaching assistant at the Institute of Communications and Radio-Frequency Engineering, Vienna University of Technology, with focus on wireless multi-user multi-antenna communications and relay networks. During July – September 2007 Dr. Fertl served as a visiting researcher at Nokia Research Center, Helsinki, working on relaying techniques. Since 2010 Dr. Fertl holds a position as project manager and research specialist at BMW Group Research and Technology, where he is responsible for next-generation wireless communication technologies with focus on future automotive connectivity. He is coordinating BMW’s participation in the EU 5G-flagship project METIS with focus on V2X communications, nomadic relay networks, and ultra-reliable low-latency transmissions.