- It turns out regulating the data economy is really hard 20 August 2018 | 4:19 pm
- The Telecoms.com Podcast: Business as usual 20 August 2018 | 3:49 pm
- Ericsson managed services contract with MBNL gets extended 20 August 2018 | 11:57 am
- Angry Birds longevity can’t prevent Rovio decline 20 August 2018 | 11:55 am
- Government research suggests digital divide plans might actually be working 20 August 2018 | 10:49 am
Dr. Peter Fertl
Project Manager and Research SpecialistBMW Group Research and Technology
Peter Fertl received the Dipl.-Ing. and Dr. techn. degrees in electrical and communication engineering from the Vienna University of Technology, Austria, in 2005 and 2009, respectively. From 2006 to 2009 he used to be a research and teaching assistant at the Institute of Communications and Radio-Frequency Engineering, Vienna University of Technology, with focus on wireless multi-user multi-antenna communications and relay networks. During July – September 2007 Dr. Fertl served as a visiting researcher at Nokia Research Center, Helsinki, working on relaying techniques. Since 2010 Dr. Fertl holds a position as project manager and research specialist at BMW Group Research and Technology, where he is responsible for next-generation wireless communication technologies with focus on future automotive connectivity. He is coordinating BMW’s participation in the EU 5G-flagship project METIS with focus on V2X communications, nomadic relay networks, and ultra-reliable low-latency transmissions.